Friday, September 16, 2005

Welcome

Welcome to my new site.
My name is John McC. I am currently working as a school counselor in NH. When I first started working 8 years ago I had one child who was diagnosed with Asperger's. Currently I work with 5 children who fall under the umbrella. A couple of years ago my own son was diagnosed with PDD-NOS. So I am taking this course for both personal and professional reasons. I think my goals for this course is looking to see what I am doing right, what am I doing wrong and what coping strategies I can provide to assist them in a school and social setting. I also have dsylexia so I made need some additional time to complete the work and some direction and clarification.

1 Comments:

Blogger robin lurie-meyerkopf said...

Hey John - Robin here and I just wanted to say how much I learned about you from your blog. We all know a little about each other but the info you posted goes into more detail. Thanks! I loved your piece on how accepting lower grade kids are of others who are different. I was a third grade teacher for many years and noticed the same thing. It's too bad that their gentleness and acceptance doesn't follow them into adolescence and adulthood. You can check out my blog as well: thoughts from talkinrobin. See ya.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home